Sunday, February 5, 2012

Knee-Deep...

In EXAMS. Yes, it's the first big round of exams for the semester. We had Large Animal Anatomy last Thursday, then Physiology and Pathology this week. The following week we have Neurology and Immunology. Thrilling, I know. And unfortunately for me, I have been procrastinating all weekend, as you can tell since I'm blogging when I should be studying.


What else has been going on in the glamorous life of a first year veterinary student? I recently got 2 new jobs! I work Friday mornings in the Ophthalmology department as an assistant, where I type all of the 4th year students' and clinician's findings while they complete their exams, then generate the exam reports. I have already learned so many interesting things, and this job's definitely going to give me a leg up for 2nd year, when we have to take an Ophtho class! My other job starts in mid-March; I'm going to be a Cashier for the veterinary teaching hospital, and also helping out with other office-y tasks, like filing. It'll be a great way to get familiar with the computer system, which I'll definitely need to know later.


Also, my boyfriend got a job in Costa Rica for 4 months, which means that after school's out...I GET TO GO TO COSTA RICA! YAY! I've never been out of the country (sad, I know), so I am beyond thrilled that he's flying me down. What an excellent way to celebrate making it through the first year!


Other than that I've just been going to the gym and dealing with my rabbit's chronically snotty nose. Right now we've got her on 0.8 mLs of Benadryl twice a day, since we're wondering if it's allergy-induced. If it's not, then the 2 pound terror gets to have a CT scan and a nasal flush/culture. WOO! Bring on that 30% discount...Here she is, in full flopping glory:
I wish I was doing that right about now, but I'm off to study renal and respiratory Physiology! Happy Sunday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no poor bun!!! I hope you find out whats wrong and that he gets better... vibes to your bun!

    ReplyDelete