Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exams, Round 2...So It Begins

Pathology got our second round of exams started with a bang. Questions about pelicans, thrombi, and various types of exudate abounded. I think it went fine overall, although I will admit that I misread the first question and answered it mostly incorrectly. I'll chalk that one up to Leathers-induced test anxiety. As well as not following Leathers' own instructions to read each question, stop, breathe, and then begin.  Needless to say, I'm sure he'll be doubly disappointed.


What's up next? Large Animal Anatomy, which is going to be a killer. We have to know the osteology, musculature, vasculature, and innervation to both the front AND hind limbs of the horse AND the cow. Joy. 


In other news, Hazel The Ever-Sneezing Rabbit has a checkup next Thursday for a C&S test and nasal culture. She just finished her 4 week course of TMS (.44 ml bid). I'm not sure who's more pleased that that ordeal's over; I have now devised approximately 12.7 ways to deliver oral meds to a rabbit. Did the sheer number of craisins she ingested with each dose give her diabetes? Possibly. Did I occasionally have to douse her head and ears to clean off the misdirected antibiotics? Definitely. But I've got to hand it to her; Hazel definitely has her moments, but overall she took her meds like a champ. I would too, though, if I was chasing down pre-sweetened, grape-flavored liquid with the bunny equivalent to crack cocaine. Nevertheless, I appreciated it.


I'm signed up to go to "lambing school" in early April, which should be very exciting and a nice change of pace. It's taught by a veterinarian, who also happens to own the sheep farm we're going to. You spend the day learning about lambing, then get hands on experience with it! I don't have any sheep experience, so I think it'll be really interesting.  Plus, who can resist those little bleating bundles of newborn fluff? The best way to welcome Spring, in my opinion.


Happy Friday, all!















No comments:

Post a Comment