Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Spring Break"

Yes, Spring Break is in quotes intentionally. Why? 

One, because it's not truly Spring. It has been alternately snowy and rainy this whole week. Not exactly what I had in mind for my vacation.

Two, I haven't had a damn Break at all. It's been work, work, work non-stop! I have been milking dairy goats, cashiering at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, assisting in Ophthalmology, and writing an article for the Veterinary Wound Management Society. Have I been able to study? No. Have I even been able to shower daily? No. I guess I truly am becoming a real vet student.

And really, I shouldn't whine. It's great that I can work so many hours this week; I can definitely use the money. And how can waking up early be a bad thing when you're greeted by this?

I am looking forward to Friday though; I definitely need to get going on studying for Large Animal Anatomy. I'm behind, and need to catch up quickly. There's also an upcoming Pathology exam to study for, too. And who doesn't love caseous pus and and endless list of "itis"-es?

I know this post is a short one, but I have to be up early again tomorrow. On the bright side, we have some surgeries in Ophtho tomorrow! Removing a mass on the upper eyelid of a dog using a CO2 laser, and a possible enucleation!

Happy (almost) Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment