Monday, November 7, 2011

And so the blog begins...

I finally did it.  I started a blog about veterinary school. 
So welcome! 
This is going to be a short post (I have a Cell Phys quiz to study for. Boo.), but hopefully I'll be able to write a longer one this weekend. Here's an overview of some activities I have going this week:

  • A lecture by (and lunch with...YAY!) Dr. Temple Grandin on Tuesday
  • An equine cardiology wet lab on Wednesday night
  • Cell Phys quiz Thursday
  • And no school on Friday (which I'm so not used to, because my private undergrad didn't give us Veteran's Day off)!
Today I went to a lecture hosted by the VBMA (Veterinary Business Management Association) that hosted the founder of myveterinarycareer.com on resume-building for jobs and internships. It was really interesting and helpful, although it made becoming a vet seem even harder and more bleak than before (as if that was possible). The speaker talked about the veterinary job market (sucks), veterinary salaries (suckier), and internships (dismal torture). Oh the joys of becoming a veterinarian in an economic slump.  However, there's still hope, since graduation is still three and a half years away. Let's hope the US gets their you-know-what together by then. 


Ok, Cell Phys calls. Weakly, but still. I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment